I can’t recall whether I’ve mentioned this to you guys or not, but my older daughter – Sweet Pea – plays electric guitar. She’s been at it for less than a year, but already she’s going to be performing with her band through the Paul Green School of Rock (are any of your really surprised that I’d send my kids there?).
Actually, she’s performing tonight and tomorrow night at Ned Devine’s Irish Village Pub in Northern Virginia, so come on by if you want to see the birth of a rock legend 😉
Even though the shows’ rock sub-genre/theme is Southern Rock, I decided to dedicate this post to the Women of Rock-n-Roll. For without them, there would be no stars in the heavens to light the way for my girl and others like her.
Side A: The Masters
10. “Do You Want to Touch Me (Oh Yeah),” (Joan Jett and the Blackhearts) Fit to Be Tied.
09. “Black Leather,” (The Runaways) And Now…The Runaways.
08. “Hit Me with Your Best Shot,” (Pat Benatar) Crimes of Passion.
07. “Magic Man,” (Heart) Dreamboat Annie.
06. “Dancing Barefoot,” (Patti Smith) Waves.
05. “Edge of Seventeen,” (Stevie Nicks) Bella Donna.
04. “Kool Thing,” (Sonic Youth) Goo.
03. “Pretend We’re Dead,” (L7) Bricks are Heavy.
02. “One Way or Another,” (Blondie) Parallel Lines.
01. “Bad Boys Get Spanked,” (The Pretenders) Prentenders II.
Side B: The Disciples
10. “Modern Girl,” (Sleater-Kinney) The Woods.
09. “Violet,” (Hole) Live Through This.
08. “Rebel Girl,” (Bikini Kill) Pussy Whipped.
07. “Seether,” (Veruca Salt) American Thighs.
06. “Whip Smart,” (Liz Phair) Whip Smart.
05. “Naked Eye,” (Luscious Jackson) Fever In Fever Out.
04. “Gold Lion,” (Yeah, Yeah, Yeahs) Show Your Bones.
03. “Conflake Girl,” (Tori Amos) Under the Pink.
02. “We Float,” (PJ Harvey) Stories from the City – Stories from the Sea.
01. “Sour Times,” (Portishead) Dummy.