Dear Ms. Mix & Bitch,
I think your site is totally rad! I found you through the link at Deus Ex Malcontent (I’m promoting his new book like a mofo). Anyway, my boyfriend of 2 1/2 years recently dumped me THROUGH AN EMAIL message. He wrote, “I don’t love you anymore and I’m not attracted to you anymore either.” While it sucked how he did it, I was sad for about a week, and now I’m over it.
So, can you hook a girl up, with a free girl mix? Signed, Natasha
While I appreciate you putting on the brave face – and you may really feel that way – you’d have to be made of some pretty hard stuff not to have such callous behavior affect you. What an asshole. I equate your break-up story along the same lines as that “Sex and the City” episode when Carrie got dumped by that pathetic, unshaven, loser writer Berger via POST-IT. Jesus Christ Almighty…that’s just bad manners. And I can excuse a lot of things, but poor etiquette is not one of them. You know, people are either born with class and dignity or not. Your ex is the kind of guy I warn my girls about…
So I’m happy to give you your freedom ride mix…let me just caution you on this: you can be in danger of either becoming overly cautious when it comes to men and not want to let anyone in OR you can become very vulnerable to the wrong kind of guys. Read the blog I wrote on Top Five Signs You’re Dating a Player.
And trust that we ALL have our horror stories. This one certainly counts…
10. “Almost Cut My Hair,” [Crosby, Stills, & Nash] CSN. (I especially love the line, ‘I feel like lettin’ my freak flag fly ).
9. “Devil’s Hootenanny,” [Laura Veirs] Troubled By the Fire. (I know, I know…I have to stop putting Laura into EVERY mix I make. I’ll ween off slowly).
8. “Flowered Dresses,” [Slaid Cleaves] Unsung. (Either a sweet romantic song or a cautionary tale, Depends on which way you hang 😉
7.”Destiny,” [Zero 7] Simple Things. (This is just one of my favs of all times).
6. “Love Yourself,” [Blue Six] Aquarian Angel. (Because nothin’ sings good times like the Jay-man).
5. “Ooh Yeah,” [Moby] Last Night.
4. “Pagan Angel and a Borrowed Car,” [Iron & Wine] The Shepherd’s Dog.
3. “Sea Legs,” [The Shins] Wincing the Night Away.
2. “Parting Gift,” [Fiona Apple] Extraordinary Machine.
1. “Waking the Witch,” [Kate Bush] Hounds of Love.