In the proverbial and sage words of The J. Geils Band, love stinks.
Well, at least when it’s unrequited.
I have a friend of mine who has got it bad. And there’s nothing he can do about it.
We talk pretty frequently, and I think almost every conversation is peppered with his longing for this woman.
I can literally feel his heart ache through the phone line.
So here’s to you, one of my dearest friends…and to all of the others sleeping restless tonight.
10. “Wishful Thinking,” [The Album Leaf] Into the Blue Again.
9. “Unrequited,” [Ani DiFranco] Reprieve.
8. “Pictures of You,” [The Cure] Disintegration.
7. “For You,” [Duncan Sheik] Daylight.
6. “Where We Went Wrong,” [The Hush Sounds] Like Vines.
5. “Linger,” [Jonatha Brooks] Steady Pull.
4. “One,” [Mary J. Blige and U2] The Breakthrough.
3. “Degenerates,” [Moby] Last Night.
2. “This One I Made for You,” [Polly Paulusma] Fingers and Thumbs.
1. “Do What You Have to Do,” [Sarah McLachlan] Surfacing.